Ask a Librarian
E-mail Reference is intended to answer short, factual questions that do not require verbal interpretation or clarification by the reference librarian. A staff person will respond within 2 business days excluding holidays. If you need your answer more quickly, please call or visit the Reference/Information Department at 740-477-1644 ext 227.
Types of Questions We Can Answer by E-mail*
We can answer brief, factual questions such as those requiring (by way of example):
- An historic fact or date.
- The address and phone number of a company.
- An Internet web address, which may have the information you need.
- A recommendation of other sources of information for your further, more in-depth research.
Types of Questions We Cannot Answer by E-mail*
We cannot answer questions which are (by way of example):
- Medical or legal questions requiring any interpretation.
- Tax questions.
- Trivia questions.
- School homework assignments.
- Genealogy questions.
The Pickaway County District Public Library has a well trained staff that is waiting to assist you, so when you have a question that you cannot answer, Ask a Librarian!